Big Idea: Jesus' birth is the great reminder of hope in the chaos. If we think we're too sinful, messed up, forgotten, Jesus' birth is hope entering our story.
1) When you think of the nativity story what comes to mind?
2) When you think of the actual birth story what comes to mind?
3) Virgin birth, almost broken marriage, traveling pregnant, strike out on lodging. Would you find it easy to stay faithful to God's promises in this situation?
4) Would you be obedient to God even if society disagreed?
5) God ordains the ordinary. Mary and Joseph's messiest time of life fulfilled God's greatest promise.
6) Do you believe God's promises could be hiding in your mess?