One Shot 2
Proverbs 4:23 (NIV)
Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.
1. Name some ways that you’re tempted to compare yourself to others.
2. How do you fell when you compare yourself to someone else?
- Content - Discontent - Angry - Grateful - Jealous - Superior
3. What are some of the “ers” you see people wanting to be (richer, skinnier, smarter, handsomer, funnier, cooler, etc.)?
4. When was a time you felt unfulfilled after achieving something you were trying to achieve? Why do you think you felt that way?
5. Why do we have a tendency to enjoy seeing other people fail?
6. How would you feel if you could let go of comparing yourself to others?
(you may need to prompt your students with some examples: less worried, less exhausted, etc. Ask them why they would feel those things.)